University-Wide Leadership Program
LeadCSU is designed to enhance your professional development and build skills and competencies needed to be an effective leader at Columbus State University.
Who should apply?
- Committee, council, or task force chairs
- Elected representatives of departments or units
- Professional staff in supervisory positions
- Academic administrators
Eight faculty members and eight staff members will be selected on the basis of individual interest statements. The priority of the program is to form a cohort made up of individuals from diverse roles across the university. We encourage applications from CSU staff and faculty with at least 3 years of experience at the institution.
Faculty participants with academic year-only contracts will receive a summer stipend of $2,000.
Applications will be available online beginning Monday, September 24, and are due no later than Thursday, November 1.
If selected, applicants will be notified by November 16.
Sessions will be held from 10:00 am-1:45 pm, on the fourth Wednesday of the month* (*unless otherwise noted) and lunch will be provided.
- LEAD CSU Program Kickoff* – December 13, 2018
- 360 Review and Individual Goal-Setting – January 30, 2019
- Using Foursight to Build a Great Team – February 27, 2019
- Working with You is Killing Me: Conflict Resolution – March 27, 2019
- Practical Tools: Leading Meetings, Setting Expectations – April 24, 2019
- Coaching and Mentoring – June 26, 2019
- Mid-year Updates: Individual Goals and Team Projects – July 31, 2019
- Conversations on Diversity – September 25, 2019
- Emotional Intelligence – October 30, 2019
- Team Project Presentations for LeadCSU cohort – November 27, 2019
- Project Presentations for CSU Executive Leadership Team and Program Graduation* – December TBD
Click here for application.
Submit to Janescia Harvey via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or campus mail at the Leadership Institute, Cunningham Center.