Faculty STEM Mini-Grants
Application Deadline: November 30 2018, 5:00pm
We invite applications that address two goals: 1, improving performance and retention of students in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) core courses and STEM majors or 2, improving preparation and support of P-12 STEM teachers in Georgia’s classrooms. Total funding for these competitive grants will be $24,000/year for three years. We expect to fund proposals ranging from $1000.00 to $3000.00, but larger proposals will be considered if properly justified and funds are available. Funding is for one year.
Funding can be used for (but is not limited to):
- Summer stipends (in addition to teaching) for development or redesign of a course using innovative teaching approaches.
- Travel and expenses to workshops or conferences that focus on innovative instructional techniques in STEM disciplines that are subsequently implemented in the classroom. Identify specific workshop or session related to STEM if the conference is not STEM specific.
- Purchase of supplies relevant to the project.
- Travel and expenses to workshops or conferences to disseminate information learned from the project. Must provide proof of attendance.
Grant recipients must:
Provide data (e.g., grades, surveys, pre- and post-tests) that will be used to assess project effectiveness to committee.
- Submit a reflective narrative (1-2 pages) on their experience implementing an innovative instructional approach.
- Present their findings during the biannual Faculty Institute of Learning series at CSU or a similar outlet on campus (e.g., lunch and learn).